Sunday, April 9, 2017

MURKLAND - TUESDAY - CHAPTER 10

SOMEBODY'S WATCHING ME









Do you ever get that weird feeling that no matter where you go, no matter what you do, that you are being watched? Well, ever since last night, when Karim told me about the voodoo spell on me, I have been on edge.


I had some time before I had to meet Karim at the gym, so I decided to call over Dusty Boots, Jeep Girl and Lavender Pink and tell them what happened on my date.
Of course, they were all pretty ecstatic about how great my date went with Karim and that it was SO amazing that I had brought Scar back to life! Totally awe-sim! I felt like a simhero!
However, Jeep Girl seemed more interested in my date with Karim..."So, um, Kate, I thought you had a crush on Veegan...is Paolo still in the picture...and did...well, did you and Karim smoocheroo...he chewed on your hat? Ok! Woot!"
But then I told them about the voodoo curse, and they got scared.
"Yikes, Kate, who would be mischievous enough to do that to you?"
"Is voodoo contagious? No?"

"Kate, I know what you have to do....I think I know who did it...and I have a plan to find out!"
Lavender Pink then goes into great detail on "the plan." Dusty almost drops her plate of food when she hears it.
[Flashback to the night before]
From the story that I told, Lavender Pink figures that it is one of two sims who put voodoo on me at The Puffer Dome. The first is Scar...but he was kind of dying, so nada on that choice. The second suspect, and most likely mischief maker, is Mad Mud (see him hiding behind the Grim Reaper)
"ummm....Kate did you do something to Mad Mud to have him do this to you?"
I had no idea. They talk about it further, and the three of them agree that I should go and visit Mad Mud at his house later...."you know, kind of drop in and say hi"...and look for clues.
You want me to do what? Alone? I really didn't like the idea, but agree to go. 
After chatting a bit further, they all head home. I still don't know much about voodoo and decide to do some research at the library.
When I arrive at the library, it's pretty quiet. This was probably a nice place once, but like everything in Murkland, it is overgrown.
 I enter the building and head up to the second floor...

But before I can even get started on finding a book on voodoo, the librarian comes up to me and says that to use the library, I have to contribute $100 simoleons towards the cost of a barrista.
$100 simoleons seems a bit steep to pay for a cup of java, but hey, what's a sim to do? I needed to find out about voodoo, and anyway, I hadn't had caffeine in a long time, so no problem.
I then chat up the librarian and ask if he has any books on voodoo.
Hmmm....he thinks he does and shows me the section on mischief.
He then tells me that voodoo is ancient and it is still practiced in Murkland!
While I am waiting for my cup of Joe, I find out that with a voodoo doll, any Sim who knows you can put a "binding spell" on a voodoo doll. This means that the mischief sim can do things to the voodoo doll that will affect the targeted sim's emotions in real life...but they both have to be on the same lot.
"Hmmm...well, that makes sense, it has to be Mad Mud. We both were at the Puffer Dome."
I keep reading and find out that you need a Level 5 in Mischief and then the mischief sim can "soak" the voodoo doll and the targeted sim will be put in a dazed state.
"OMG! that was me!" But where is this doll and what does it look like?
As I turn the page...right there...smack dab in the middle of the page was a picture of the voodoo doll. I now knew what I had to look for at Mad Mud's house!
I get so immersed in my reading....ok...and sipping my cafe, that I almost forget that I had to meet Karim at the gym! Oh my plumbobs! I have to get out of here!
Luckily the gym was right next door. Oh look, that must be where the librarian sleeps. I guess he has to guard the books.
I get there, and I must be early, because I don't see Karim anywhere. So, I decide to go inside and look around.
The first thing I see is a little box full of wonderful items, so I decide to root through it.
There is a bar area and I decide to mix some lemonade, which is the cheapest thing on the menu at $56 simoleons! Gee, this day is costing me - big time!
The place is called "What's Left of the Gym" and I can see why...grass growing all over the place...
and the restroom...well, you can't even use anything...back to the outhouse bush!
Karim is here! Yeah! And he shows me how to take some basketball shots. Of course Don is here, too, giving me advice. Go away Don, Karim is here to show me...sheesh!
Karim has hired a trainer to help me with my workout.
Joaquin and Forest Tree look at my technique and tell me that I am looking fit!
Avani comes over and tells me to get murky and hit it! I'm getting murky all right thinking about Mad Mud doing voodoo on me! My workout is so good that I increase my fitness level to 3 plus I make a new friend! Yes!
Oh my gosh! I had no idea it was so late! Karim comes over then, and even though I am tempted to tell him that I am going on a secret recon mission, we hug and say our goodbyes.
I run all the way and I am at Mad Mud's Abode in no time...and he is at home!
"Uhhh....hi Mad Mud...just came by to see how you are doing..."

Mad Mud invites me in, or rather, invites me to a balcony.

We chat a bit and I tell him I have been working out at the gym. He tells me I am looking very impressive.
He suddenly whirls around and tells me he will be right back. Do you think I scared him?

Well, he's gone...so now's my chance...I search everywhere, and open every trunk...ah shucks! Nothing!

I see some stairs going up and then I see Mad Mud....and...some type of plant...or animal..I don't know what it is.

"Oh Kate, I am so happy you came up. I want you to meet my pet....Cowie. He's a rare cowplant and he sure likes you..."

"Kate...I find you fascinating...you are not like the other Murklanders... I have always found you to be adventurous... join me... here... stay... stay with me..."

Uhhh....I think that Mad Mud is hitting on me, so I play it cool!
"Sure, for a little while..."

Mad Mud tells me he is going downstairs and that I should get acquainted with Cowie.
"ummm....Hi Cowie.....wanna play?" 
This Cowie is actually making me a bit nervous...
...I mean have you seen his mouth?

Oh....what's this? Chocolate cake?
"Hey Mad Mud...I think your Cowie likes me, he's offering me some chocolate cake...Oh yum!...."
And before I know what is happening...I get GULPED by Cowie. 

"Hey Mad.....Mad Mud....help...I need your help here....your Cowie just ate me...help!" 
Oh my gosh, what am I going to do? Am I going to die? I start beating my fists against Cowie's mouth...

And then....well, I guess you could say I was regurgitated and end up in a pile of green slime ....YUCK!
Oh my Gosh! This is MURKY! So Gross!


"Hey, Mad Mud...I'm ok...your Cowie is now giving me some milk..." Should I drink it?
I look all around and finally find Mad Mud swimming in the murk and he's giving me this creepy kind of smile. Mad Mud then starts talking lovingly about grilled cheese and I really, REALLY think it's time for me to go.

"Ummm...Mad Mud...I'll see you around..."

...and I run as fast as I can out of there...

When I get back to my lot....I see something lying on the picnic table, and it looks like....OMG....a voodoo doll...
How did this get here? Oh murky! It wasn't Mad Mud afterall!

13 comments:

  1. What an amazing chapter! You turn the PufferDome's Cursed lot trait into a whodunit and then...Mad Mud hits on you, so it's kind of a romance, too, lol!
    I'm wondering if Paolo's having a regret-filled sour grapes experience after not treating you better!
    Haha, Don is seriously everywhere and can never take a hint!

    Can't wait to find out what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading...to be quite honest, I didn't know that the Cursed lot trait could give you the little voodoo doll icon and your sim could get the dazed emotion! lol I actually thought that some sime that Brennachan had created had the voodoo doll in their inventory! lol

      Delete
  2. <3 Great update .. the mystery continues! Loved the shots of the girl gossiping away!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thanks for reading Lisa. I really try hard on the screenies. I have you to thank for giving me some tips :)

      Delete
  3. ohhh wow what a great mystery ... and how creepy is Mad Mud!! great chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Yes, Mad Mud is definitely obsessed with his cowplant and grilled cheese! hehehe

      Delete
  4. Haha! I loved this chapter. Looking forward to more of Kate's adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading. It was very creepy at Mad Mud's and then the cowplant...well, never I will never accept chocolate cake again! lol

      Delete
  5. I love the mystery! Mad Mud sure looked creepy in the water lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading. When his cowie plant ate me, he was swimming in the murk. Some help he was! lol In that shot, I think he is actually flirting with Kate, so she had to depart quickly! lol

      Delete
  6. I read it on my mobile phone earlier and hadn't commented on it :)
    You are doing a fantastic story! Mad Mud... you know, I don't trust him AT ALL. So when he is not behind this.... who IS???
    On to the next chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! Mad Mud is ok, but, well, strange things can happen at his abode! lol

      Delete
  7. I love cowplants. I wonder who left the voodoo doll?

    ReplyDelete