Monday, March 6, 2017

MURKLAND - THURSDAY - CHAPTER 5

TRIP TO GRANITE FALLS


 After my successful yard sale yesterday and earning $612 simoleons, I get up early eagerly awaiting my transport to Granite Falls. I have some time before they arrive, so I eat some granola.
And before I know it, my driver is here and I run back to my tent to change for my trip.

After a bumpy ride that seems to last forever, I arrive at Granite Falls. I pay my driver who tells me he will be back promptly in 1 day and he hands me my day pass. He puts a tracker on me so he can find me when he comes back. I wave goodbye. Related image
I look around and everything is so green and there are flowers everywhere! I breathe in deeply and everything smells so fresh. It is so different from sandy Murkland.


And here is the area that I can use for my stay!

There's no tent, but there's a grill and a firepit and a picnic table and oh...oh...oh...HORSESHOES!  Oh I haven't played this game in ages!

I am having so much fun, I almost forget why I came here! Oh right...herbs to collect...Hermit to see...

Before I can head off, I get a visit from the ranger, and he doesn't look too happy. Once I show him my pass, he gives me the spiel about the park being a fragile eco-system and that it was NOT all protected from the apocalypse. Water conservation is in effect and even though it looks beautiful, the fish you catch are not edible. He bids me farewell and tells me to enjoy my visit to the park.
Before I start to explore, I really need to "go". Close to my day camp, I find a little house. Wow, an upgrade from my bush outhouse, but the place is still smelly and flies are swarming all over the place.
I look on a little map and decide to take a hike in the woods.
I see a bird tapping on a tree...

..A cute little animal scampering in the woods...
...And some insects...oh I better collect those. I am happily collecting all sorts of plants, and insects and herbs that I have never seen before.
I hike higher on the trail and at a lookout, stop for a moment to enjoy the view.

On the trail, I come across a friendly animal who can talk! He explains that he is a bear and that all bears in Granite Falls can talk. (Kate remembers the ranger telling her that the bears were mutated by the apocalypse). I ask him if he knows where the Hermit lives. I start to explain that I have a map but I don't know where I am on the map.

"Follow me!" he yells and runs ahead of me down the trail. "We have to go to the National Forest and from there you have to go to the Deep Woods through the bramble patch to find the Hermit."

We walk and walk and walk. I'm tired and hungry and thirsty. And just when I think I can't go on, we come upon a clearing with a lovely lodge. The bear bids me farewell and heads back into the forest saying he hopes I have a "beary" good time.
I venture inside to see if anyone is there. All empty. I decide to grab a drink.

Since it's still early I try to get my bearings and go for another walk in the woods and try to find the Hermit's house.

On the way through the woods, I find lots of things to collect...more insects...

...fly to me....fly to me...
It's getting dark, but I see something in the distance.  Oh my - what's that? It looks like some type of opening. Is this the bramble patch the Bear was talking about? 
Oh wait! Look at this lovely plant....I have to collect this before I go in... 
It's so dark.  I can't see anything....oh where is my bear friend? I am stepping forward...uggg....so many thorns, and a spider web...oh I am so tired...maybe I should just take a quick nap...
Oh! I can't find the way and I am so, so itchy! How did I get so itchy? And what are these things on me? They look like ticks! I am so uncomfortable! I need to roll in some mud!
I won't be able to visit the Hermit if I am so uncomfortable. Stop the itch!  Stop the itch! Scatch! Scratch! Itch! Itch! I decide to head back to the lodge and try again tomorrow. 
I wash my arms in a washbowl to try to cool the burning itch. I then have a chance to look around the lodge and see all types of collections of frogs and insects.
 So fascinating!
Feeling a bit better, I grab some food and decide to venture outside again. I hear a rushing sound. I follow the sound.
On the way there, I see these cute little critters and decide to collect them. I am not touching the plant behind me because I think that is the plant that caused my itchiness.
I walk a bit farther and find a beautiful waterfall. I just stand there and look around in awe.

 I decide to lay down and look at the beautiful star filled sky. And that moon! So big and bright!
Oh my gosh! What is that? I see something! IT'S A GHOST!
 I am so scared that I run away from there so fast.


I run all the way back to the lodge and hope that the ghost doesn't follow me. I light the fire and feel all safe and warm and before I know it, I am asleep.
The next morning I am out collecting again. No sign of any ghost! Yeah! I don't have much time and decide to try to retrace my steps from last night to find that bramble patch.

Yes! I find it, but I only have 4 hours left of my day pass. I concentrate on getting through that bramble patch.
I am a bit disoriented, but I made it to the other side! Now to find the Hermit and discover the secret ingredients for the deodorizing cream.
I run towards a scenic waterfall and see a house nearby. This must be where the Hermit lives!
I run around the hut to see if I can find the Hermit.

I look all around and nobody seems to be home. Where are they?
Then I see someone working in a garden. Hi!  Are you the Hermit?
They don't seem to hear me and walk away. Hey, stop! I need to talk to you!

And suddenly I see my driver! Oh No! My time is up! I've come all this way and I haven't even talked to the Hermit!

My driver drops me off in Murkland and all of a sudden the ITCH is back!  UGH! I gotta get out of these clothes! Scratch! Scratch! Itch! Itch! And roll in some dirt!

7 comments:

  1. Very nice update ... and where did you find the little dust critters (I have been to GF many times and have never seen them) That itch is maddening isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I found the dust mites between the lodge and the waterfalls at around 2am! lol I am not sure if they are in the same place all the time, but you can try there. Thanks so much for reading!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful chapter! Funny and great pictures! You will have to go back to talk to the hermit asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have to, but need to get rid of the itch first! lol

      Delete
  3. Aww, too bad she missed the hermit time! Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was the fireleaf and the ticks...can't visit the hermit when you are uncomfortable, and I ran out of time at Granite Falls. Kate has a plan for next time! lol

      Delete
  4. So funny! She's in my NukeCrest ya know. I knew I recognized her when I added her but I couldn't remember from where. Duh! That sucks that she missed out on meeting the hermit. At least she got to collect a lot of stuff.

    ReplyDelete