Saturday, April 22, 2017

MURKLAND - WEDNESDAY - CHAPTER 11

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT

Well, the next day, I was still disturbed by the events of the night before. And oh my plumbobs! That "thing" was still on the table when I got up. I wonder who left it there...if it wasn't Mad Mud, then who?
Before I have a chance to collect my thoughts, the Burner Campers come running over. Dusty is almost out of breath when she asks me what happened last night.

And Lavender Pink is staring at the voodoo doll on the table.
"Oh my gosh, you found it! Did Mad Mud have it? No...?
Jeep Girl is shaking her head.
"...and you just found it here? So creepy....I have to get rid of it!....."

And before I could stop her, Jeep Girl grabs the voodoo doll, runs over to the bonfire, and hurls the voodoo doll into the fire!

"Uh, Jeep Girl, there could have been a little part of me still in there. I could have been burned!"
"Ooopsies! My bad!"
Dusty chimes in, "Nah....it wasn't bound to you, Kate, it's eyes weren't green. I did some research at the library, too! But who cares now...it's gone...good riddance!"
I then tell them everything that happened at Mad Mud's place, including being eaten by a cowplant! 

They are shocked, and Lavender Pink tells me that cowplants are supposed to be extinct. Uhhh...how did Mad Mud get one? Who knows...strange things happen at the Mad Mud Abode!
But then they remember the REAL reason they came over. There is a dance competition on Saturday! Yes, the prestigious Freezer Bunny Dance Off! They have entered the competition, and since they needed four sims in the dance crew, they entered me, too!
What? But I can't dance! Jeep Girl, Lavender Pink and Dusty Boots are amazing dancers, but, me...well...I'm a klutz.
Dusty says that I am good. She has seen me dance. Plus, our friend Millennia is helping with the choreography and getting us awe-sim dance crew outfits.
"It'll be fun, Kate. And they'll be all these celebrities there and the prizes....oh wait until I tell you about the prizes. Come on we're going over to the Festival Grounds to practice."
And so Jeep Girl, Lavender Pink and Dusty Boots convince me that without me they can't enter the contest. 

"You'll be fantastic, Kate! And we picked out a really neat name ~ the Murky Fire Dancers! Isn't that so very murky?", Jeep Girl says enthusiastically.

So, I agree to join them in the dance competition and they all jump and shout for joy! We then go over and practice our "moves" at the Festival grounds. Millennia is already there and we practice nearly all day.
As the afternoon ticks away, I could tell Millennia was getting tired. She tells Dusty that her back is hurting her and she needs a break. Millennia has to head over to the Murkland Mercantile Co. store anyway to pick up our dance crew uniforms, so we all decide to head home.
"Practice, practice, practice, Kate," shouts Lavender Pink.
And so back at my lot, that is exactly what I do. I decide to practice one of the dance numbers first....
Ouwee...I poke myself right in the eye.
Then I decide to practice the baton light twirling. Seemed easy enough when Millennia showed me.
Oh murky...they make me dizzy. BONK right on the head!
 Next, the fire dance. Step, step, twirl... step, step, twirl... doing good so far....
One - two - three - throw and twirl ...and then....
I light my arm on fire....sheesh...
How am I ever going to do this? Why did they pick me to be in their dance crew with them? The dance competition is two days away! I am so NOT ready. Oh murky, murky me!
The next night, I get a surprise visit from the Burner campers.

They tell me that they had gone over to check out the Nukecrest Out Back Bar, to kind of get the layout of the bar, and they had some unsettling news to tell me.
I suddenly felt alarmed. 
"Everybody's alright aren't they? Nobody's injured. Right?"
"No, no, nothing like that", said Dusty Boots.
Then they were all talking at once and telling me that Partihaus had been there. I had no idea who Partihaus was. They told me that Partihaus were the reigning dance champs. They won the Freezer Bunny Dance Off last year, the year before that, and the year before that. Well, the truth is, they won every year.

"But, Kate, we found out something else," whispered Lavender Pink, "Paolo has joined Partihaus this year and he is the best dancer in Windenberg!"

"Paolo? Like, my worse date Paolo?"
"Kate, we came over to tell you, so you would be prepared. Are you ok? Kate?.... Kate?"
I guess I better practice some more then! Prepare to get murky Paolo! Woot!

10 comments:

  1. What a funny chapter! Has Kate already maxed Dancing?

    You go, Kate! Make Paolo regret that night he left you with the dinner bill!
    I love your first image--Kate is such a lovely sim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely comments! Kate has almost maxed her dancing skills, that is why she is so bad at baton twirling! lol

      Delete
  2. LOL What a cute update .. I hope she is ready .. she is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Lisa. You'll be happy to know that both you and oshizu are featured in my next chapter. I actually wrote my next chapter before this one...lol Yep, Kate is practicing away for the big day. Nothing like having to get the dance skill up in less than 2 days! lol

      Delete
  3. Love this chapter! She better be prepared for the big dance off and show Paolo a lesson (or two)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading! Yes, poor Kate has to practice a lot to get those skills up! hehehe

      Delete
  4. lol, Kate had me laughing at her dancing antics. Go Kate Go! Little cheer for her dance team :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading! Kate needs all the cheering she can get! lol

      Delete
  5. Oh man, a dance off with Paulo! Her skills must be getting pretty high at this point.

    ReplyDelete