Friday, March 3, 2017

MURKLAND - TUESDAY - CHAPTER 3

COLLECTING MANIA

The next morning, I wake up and decide that this is the day to collect, collect, collect! I quickly eat some cereal and I am ready to go.

I am so excited to get going that I almost forget to check on my trash piles.  And to my surprise...
Here is plant # 2! I decide that I should nurture my little trash treasure and water it from my "rain" barrel water. And then I am off...

I practically run around as fast as I can collecting...

I started off rummaging in a garbage can and someone came by to see what I was doing. Oh hello! Did you want to dumpster dive, too?

Then I saw this nice set-up and ooohhhh did it look YUMMY! And smelled good, too!  Yum! Like a little temptation trying to divert me from my task.  NO!  No food!  Later!
So, running away from the food temptation (can you believe I actually ran away from free food?) and onto finding frogs....did you know you could breed them? Well, they kind of do it on their own, but I got a new frog!
 Harvesting flowers, fruits, vegetables, herbs....

I even went back to that little community garden I found and everything was ripe and ready! Yeah me!
 Hammering at rocks and finding all sorts of minerals and treasures. Then it was go, go, go and repeat this all over again.  All day long, running here, running there, running everywhere. Collecting, Collecting, Collecting. I just feel so exhausted thinking about it.

As the day wore on, so did my aroma and it wasn't very pleasant. It was like a green wind that I couldn't escape from. It just followed me around wherever I went. A green ghost cloud. Shucks! No shower day today.
Luckily other Murklanders didn't seem to mind how I smelled and I met my other neighbor, Jeep Girl. We chatted a bit.
I even met Dusty and decided to do a little fishing. Maybe I would catch something this time.
Well, Dusty caught something. Ok, Dusty, yah, it's cute, but remember you can't eat it...

I tried all afternoon...fishing in different places..casting out..

And everytime I think I've caught something...and hope wells up inside me...

...Nada....not one little fish. I am never going to get the hang of fishing.
 Plus, I smell so bad now, maybe that is why the fish are staying away! I downright STINK! Anyway, it's getting late and I decide to head home.

 I finish off the day roasting a whole bag of marshmallows that I found. Ok, so I was a teensie bit hungry.
I gaze up at the stars, and think about the great day I had collecting and how much I was going to make when I sell them! Yes!  Granite Falls here I come! Plus, tomorrow is shower day. I just know that tomorrow is going to be another great day!

14 comments:

  1. Poor girl really needs that deodorizing cream recipe! Looks like she's getting a lot of stuff to sell though so it won't be long! Another great chapter. I'm really enjoying reading your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you work at it you can catch a shower tarp fishing lol. And you allowed to used it too on Monday Wed Fri ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Did you see Kate's fishing skills? Zip! She has none! lol I swear, she hasn't caught anything since she started fishing! Not even seaweed. Poor girl! ha!

      Delete
  3. Keep at the fishing! She will eventually get the hang of it and maybe catch a 2,000 Simoleons worth sturgeon!
    small fish make excellent bait ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Wow! That would be so great! I will remember about small fish and bait. Thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  4. Love the opening shot .. what a great start to a wonderful update <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you for your thoughts and for reading my story!

      Delete
  5. Getting Murky with it! Love it! -- Brennachan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brennachan! I so love this challenge!

      Delete
  6. Getting murky with it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep at the fishing. Once she gets her skill up, she can make tons of money off of the fish!

    ReplyDelete