Sunday, March 5, 2017

MURKLAND - WEDNESDAY - CHAPTER 4

YARD SALE & THE TRASH DEFENDERS

Thank goodness it was Wednesday and "shower" day!

Before the sun even had a chance to shine, I decided that I better head to the Hot Springs to get rid of my aroma. I had a fitful night of tossing and turning and every time I turned over, I got a whiff of myself and nearly gagged. And, with today being the big day of the yard sale, I just felt that maybe being clean would mean that I could sell more.
Refreshed and back at my lot, I discovered that my trash plants had produced some fruit! Yes!
And, my first trash plant seemed to be giving me more trash fruit. Like it "evolved" into a better plant.
After tending my prized possessions, the trash plants, I looked over and saw that I had new neighbors. Where did Dusty go? Hmmm...that was weird.
With the sun now high in the sky, I decided that I had better set out items for my yard sale before it got too hot.
I decided to sell all the little statues that I had dug up with a 50% mark-up. Wow! I didn't know I had found so many! They were cute and I wanted to keep them, but I had to make some simoleons to get to Granite Falls.
Before I even had a chance to put up some signs, I got my first customer and my first sale! Woot! I made $30 simoleons! I was on my way.
More people showed up! Yes, this was going well!
But then something strange happened. I saw sims running right past my table and to the back of my lot where my festering wanna-be trash plants were composting. Hello? Come over here, those are NOT for sale.
I went to the back of the lot to try to distract them. I met my new neighbor, Brennachan the Freegan. She believed in free love, free food, free everything! I told her that there was no free garbage at my house and to leave it alone! She smiled and laughed nervously and didn't say much else.

Before I could chat with her some more, behind her, I see green dress heading towards my garbage pile! Hey you!
And then I see yet another sim running towards my trash pile, but wait, I guess he's ok. Stomping on my trash might help it grow faster.
I try to talk to these sims and tell them that I am trying to grow these little trash piles into trash plants. I am not sure they understand as they give me weird looks.
And who do I see coming over with trash on her mind? You guessed it, Brennachan!
Too late! Sheesh! Did she listen to me? NO! There she is trying to clean up my trash pile or maybe steal it! And she's smiling about it! Drop that bag you freeloader!

I am trying to run a yard sale here!  Not be a defender of the trash!
Luckily, I have 2 sims that understand and try to help me and stand guard over my trash. They think I am going bonkers but, hey, they'll guard my little precious trash pile. But they really came for the yard sale.

Oh my gosh!  The yard sale! I have been so busy running here, running there, running everywhere (I seem to have done something similar yesterday), trying to prevent sims from cleaning up my trash, that I haven't been tending my yard sale table.
It's already afternoon, and I decide to mark up my items to 100%. I know, I know, you normally mark down items, but I needed more simoleons. I haggled hard with a sim and got another sale! Yes!
Oh no! Not again! There's another sim lurking towards my garbage. Hey! Come over here! Back away from the garbage!
Too late! There goes another one!

At this point, I am so exhausted running around trying to prevent sims from cleaning up my trash piles, that I need a break.
Yes, I temporarily close my yard sale. No, I have not made enough simoleons yet, but I just need a break.
I decide to eat some yogurt and survey the damage. All my hard work-GONE! Just 1 little trash pile left. What am I going to do?
Well, I still have a pile of little statues to sell and it's still daytime, so I finish my yogurt....
...and open my yard sale again with a 200% mark-up! What can I say? I was desperate.
Right away, I have a sim who was here earlier drop by. He was really interested in one of my items and said he saw it cheaper earlier in the day. I recognize him as one of the defenders of the trash. I am just about to haggle for the sale, when...
...this GORGEOUS sim comes to the lot. Oh my gosh! He is a HUNK! I am speechless for a moment! The new sim, actually just came by to say hello. He is my new neighbor and his name is Veegan the Freegan.

"Veegan the Freegan" I repeat softly. I kind of just stand there staring into his eyes.

The other sim clears his throat and glares at Veegan, reminding me that he is there (if looks could kill). Since he was one of my defenders of the trash, I decide to give him a discount. Since he is my last sale of the day, I decide to close my yard sale to chat with Mr. Gorgeous for awhile. I end the day with $612 simoleons. Yes! I look around for Veegan, and I see him at the back of my lot...
Oh no! Not you, too! I go back to talk to Veegan and he says he just wanted to check out my trash pile to see if it was still ok. Phew! He's not after the trash pile, afterall!
Before I know it, it's getting quite dark, and I have some friends drop by. Jeep Girl tells me they helped Dusty move today and she's living with them now.


 Dusty comes by later and we all have dinner together.
I spend some time chatting with Veegan. Ok, a lot of time...and find out he's single. But, before I know it, he has to go. Why do my knees feel weak when I'm near him?

I spend the rest of the night telling Jeep Girl and Dusty about my yard sale and my trash pile thieves.
"...Yep, you won't believe this, but then...yes, another one trying to take my trash...they were driving me CRAZY!"
Oh no! That's so horrible! Dusty and Jeep Girl decide that a nice soak in the Hot Springs will relieve my stress from the day. And it's still Wednesday, so we're off.

And while Dusty and Jeep Girl are chatting with friends...(uh...Dusty...are you asleep in there?), I retreat to the hot springs....

I guess I was exhausted, too! Dreaming of Granite Falls...and maybe Veegan! Sigh!

10 comments:

  1. Her infatuation with Veegan is so cute. Those sims were relentless with the trash piles, my gosh. My last day went almost the same. I ended up closing up the yard sale because they drove me crazy. I loved her expressions telling Dusty and Jeep Girl about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rainy! Yes, I had to close the yard sale, too, because I was getting exhausted in rl! lol It is very strange, but when Kare first meets Veegan, they just stared at each other, no movement, nothing, like they were mesmerized by each other. Later, I checked her friendship bar with him and he is a romantic interest and they didn't even do any romance interactions. So weird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL rolling here .. the defense of the trash pile saga oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping your trash in place. That is soooo hard! You have to guard the trash piles with your life! Veegan sure is a good looking guy! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol Ys, those trash plants are harder than I thought! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was exhausting to watch lol! Kate and Veegan would look cute together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was exhausting to write as well! lol I really did have to stop the garage sale early because I was getting exhausted in rl! hahah! Yah, she has a crush on Veegan, apparently, and he on her, too, so we shall see what happens there.

      Delete
  7. Your chapters are very entertaining! I totally ship Kate and Veegan. All the Freegans are gorgeous, my sim has a crush on Forest Tree. Poor Kate though :( life as a Murklander is hard, but also rewarding I think.

    Sincerely Francisca (Francisca464 on the forum)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading! This was indeed an exhausting chapter to write. Those sims...can't let them out of your sight! hahaha!

      Delete