Saturday, February 25, 2017

5-BEAU WEBB - DAY 3 - EXCITING DISCOVERIES

LETTER TO MANNY - DAY 3



Dear Manny,

I received your message -- Oh I am so happy that I have someone to talk to.  Since my last message, I have still not found signs of animals or people anywhere.  I am beginning to think that I am the OMEGA MAN, like Will Smith in the movie I am Legend. Have you seen it?  It's a movie about a plague that hits New York City and he is the last survivor and a scientist who is trying to find a cure for the infected.  

Is this my destiny? To find some type of cure? But, where are the infected? Maybe I need to explore some more and haven't found them yet. Do I want to find them? Oh, Manny, I have too much time to Think, Think, Think. And I am not getting any answers.

Maybe you don't even exist and this is all a dream.

But you must exist.  I am going to believe that you exist, I trust you, and that I am not going CRAZY!


First of all I must tell you two pieces of exciting news!  Well, exciting for me! 

The first is that I found a clean water source. I decided to explore around my cave home and heard a "gurgling" sound. 
I looked around and found this!  It seems to be a natural spring.  I did boil it and drank some and feel fine.  It is a lot cleaner than the other water source I found.  You remember, that icky slime water.



The other thing I found when I was exploring around the cave was a compost pile.  Ok, so that alone isn't too exciting.  


But, I decided to bury some of the garbage in the soil.
 


 I guess you could call this "trash gardening".

 
 And today, I discovered this!  I made a new plant!



I picked some of this "trash" fruit and....well...yep....you guessed it....I decided to try some.



Well, I guess it's ok.  At least I have something to eat.

So, there you go.  Two big discoveries for me.  Clean water and food!

I must re-charge my battery..now....I will write again very soon...

Your friend in time,
Beau

1 comment:

  1. Ew, trash fruit! Poor Beau. :) - Scribal Goddess

    ReplyDelete