Saturday, February 25, 2017

6-BEAU WEBB - WEEK 1 - DAY IN DAY OUT

WEEK 1 - LETTER TO MANNY



Dear Manny,

It's hard to believe that I have been here a week.  To keep some sanity in my life, I decided to try and keep a routine going so that I would have something to do...some goal each day.  You know, keep busy, so that I wouldn't go CRAZY!

Each morning, I get up and collect some water.  I then boil that water in my tin water bottle. Next, I see if any trash fruit is ready to eat, and eat a piece of trash fruit.  I try to limit myself to 1 piece of trash fruit a day, so sometimes I wait and eat it at mid-day. I have been lucky and usually there is a piece of trash fruit ripe each day.

Then I wash up a bit, and go about my trash gardening duties.



After gardening, I try to explore the area for a few hours and collect some samples so I can study them further. I really don't have any scientific equipment here to really study them, so I just write down observations in my notebook.

I have even taken cuttings from some of the plants I have found and planted a few in my compost garden.  Nothing exciting to report yet.


Today I decided to explore a little further than usual.  I came upon a housing community....or what used to be one...and saw this on a bulletin board.  I can't make out the language or what it says, but it doesn't look too good.  I am going to take some more pictures on another day -- more of a close up and let you have a look at it and see if you can figure out what language this might be or what it might say.



And I have been throwing lots of rocks.  In fact, I seem to be carrying around rocks in my lab coat all the time.  So, I go to an empty house and throw rocks at it!  Ha!  Oh I have such fun!  I've never done anything like that before!  I feel .....RECKLESS and GIDDY and SCARED all at the same time!

And I wait....scared but hopeful...but no-one ever comes out.



I also try to gather some food, if I can find some. I am taking your suggestion and looking at the expiration dates.  Some are just too old.  But a few have been good. 



I found a can of weiners yesterday...now I just have to work on my cooking skill.  I seem to always set things on fire.

But, burned food never tasted so good!


When I was at the community housing area today, I saw something off in the distance.  It looked like a science lab. I am going to start early tomorrow if I am going to make it back before dark.  I will let you know...my ...f...i..n...dd....ings.  Need to chhhar....ge...up...aga.in

Your...fr...iend.....in t...ime,
Beau




2 comments:

  1. The apocalypse must have been recent if the hot dogs are still edible.

    - Scribal Goddess

    ReplyDelete