Saturday, May 6, 2017

MURKLAND - MONDAY - CHAPTER 14

TRASH PLANTS ARE MAKING ME CRAZY


You know, growing trash plants is hard. You could spend your entire day talking to plants and shaking your bootie fertilizing them, but then there is just nothing else to do, except, just let them be. Plus, I have a confession. I was starting to get trash plant stir crazy. I had to get away from these trash plants, they were consuming my life!
Oh, and let me show you something. After guarding my initial trash piles from wandering sims trying to throw them out, my lot is now a haven of neglect, and look....3 trash plants sprout on their own. Now why couldn't this have happened before? There is NO justice!

Oops! Pardon me while I take a brisk shower. Close your eyes! I mean it's Monday after all, and I did pull an all-nighter caring for those trash plants. Ahhh..now I feel so much better, even though the water is freezing cold! Very brisk indeed!
Today, I had a plan to make mega simoleons! I had heard a rumor that you could make really good simoleons if you held a yard sale at What's Left of the Gym. So after figuring out how to get my yard sale table on the lot, I strategically placed items on my table and marked them up 300%. I was ready to rake in those simoleons and get those $15,000 simoleons I needed! The only problem was that I had one customer who only wanted to chat. Well, at least he became my friend.
Yes! More sims come by. I try my best to sell...sell...sell...but, still no sales.
Even more sims come. But, no sales. Not even one! Nada. Nix. Nyet. Zilch. Zero. Shucks, nothing. So much for those rumors I heard. Valuable lesson learned "get rich quick" schemes and rumors are not to be trusted.
As the afternoon wore on with narry a sale, I was ready to pack it in. I saw Simantha Selph who asked me when the Murky Fire Dancers were coming to Nukecrest? Everyone was so excited to meet them and learn their dance moves. I figured now was a good time. So I rounded up the rest of the dance crew and off to Nukecrest we went.
There were so many camps to choose from, but we decided to visit the Nukie Newcomers first. Dusty's cousin Mel Boots lived there, and Jeep Girl kind of had a "thing" for Mick Primes ever since she saw him at the Dance Off.
Plus, they lived on this super, awe-sim lot. An abandoned railroad station...well, sort of a train wreck station. I could hardly contain my excitement! Woot!
"Jeep Girl, don't look now, but Mick is coming to greet us! I whisper.
"Oh Yah? He's a hunk!" Jeep Girl replies, almost giddy with excitement.
I have got to get these two together! *Winks*
We are just so popular and everyone wants to talk to us at once. Fala Locklear (who was part of the Doomsday Divas), leads Lavender Pink over to the sleeping area to chat about music and show Lavender Pink her violin and guitar.
Dusty and Jeep Girl are in demand and are giving Raerei Meadow some dance lessons.
Pretty soon, we've met everyone in the camp. Looks like Mags JoJo and Sandi Dunes are arguing about politics again. This camp is so huge and there is so much to do here!

I venture over to their enclosed garden area...it is so nice...but, I am surprised to see that they have nothing planted! So, I decide to help them out.

While I am busy planting, Mel, Dusty's cousin, comes over and challenges me to a basketball slam dunk contest! Alrighty! You're on!

Mel kindly lets me try to dunk first.

Wippee! Ok, now I'm stuck....

Well, that didn't go as planned. Mel doesn't think my basketball skills are too good. Hey! I only played once before!

Now Mel's turn and she doesn't do much better! Oh, all in good fun. We both have a good laugh about it and give each other a BIG hug.
I see Mick off to the side. Now I have a chance to talk to Mick about Jeep Girl. Mick was part of the Dusty Dudes at the Dance Off.
"...and you know, Jeep Girl loves all types of food and is just so self-assured, just like you...."
I whisper, "Umm....Mick, she's right here..."
Sami Katt asks me if I'd like to play some darts. But Sandi and Mags JoJo say that I better think twice because Sami Katt is the reigning dart champion of Nukecrest. Well, it's just for fun. Want to join us?
Mags JoJo and Sandi are very intent on their chess game and decline.
MagsJoJo: "Sandi, look, there's a unicorn!"
Sandi:"You saw a unicorn? Where? Can I keep it for a pet?"
MagsJoJo: (quickly switches chess pieces) "Ahhh, it's gone"
Oh yah! Sami Katt definitely has the moves....bullseye! She's good!
And...I'm not that good...where did that dart go? Oops, behind me. I think I need more practice.
Just then, Fala blows the train whistle for dinner and invites us all to enjoy a meal with them. Oooohh look at that snazzy grill they cook on!
Thank goodness there are no fires! Yum! Fala is an excellent cook!
Dusty gets to spend some time with her cousin, Mel, and finds out her other cousin, Dustin is living with the Murky Miners. Dusty sure has a lot of cousins!
On my way to the "pee" bush, I glance over at the garden area and see Timidly Survivor watering the trash plants. She looks like she is actually happy and I think I hear her singing. Hmmm....singing to the plants, hadn't thought of that one. I wonder if you can do that? Take good care of those plants Timidly!
Pretty soon, it's time for our "Soul Train" dance. Everyone claps and cheers and hollers "Go Murky Fire Dancers!"

Afterwards I see Mick and Jeep Girl talking about "dance" moves. Uhuh! Looks like it didn't take much to get these two together!
We never did get a chance to tour the inside of the building, but I hear there is a library and an indoor bathroom. The bathroom even has a tub that Mick made on the woodworking table! Such luxury! We all want to live here, but there is an occupancy law that says only 8 sims can live at one camp, and they are fully booked. So, for now, I can only dream about living in a fantastic place like this.

Our night concludes with lots of singing, dancing and laughing around the bonfire. We promise to come visit the Nukie Newcomers again soon.


Credits:
A big thank you to the great lot and murky sims created by simmers who play the Murkland Challenge. All are available for download in the Gallery.
Nukecrest Lot:
Optimist's Outlook Post by MeaganJo
(a few skill items have been added to my lot, such as basketball, chess, darts and violin, but otherwise, this is a fantastic lot!)
Cameo Appearance at What's Left of the Gym:
Simantha Selph by LIUBluejeans (she is part of the Jolly Jackalopes in my game)
Nukie Newcomers:
(Individual sims need to be downloaded separately, some available with cc, these are all non-cc versions)

From left to right:
Mel Boots (a version of Brennachan's Dusty Boots) by Mndrgntobldrgn
Mick Primes by Faith12368
Mags JoJo by MeaganJo
Sami Katt by samikatt
Sandi Dunes by dawnderee
Timidly Survivor by mon1496
Raerei Meadow by ra3rei
Fala Locklear by Anchesenamon

6 comments:

  1. It was great fun visiting MeaganJo's wonderful Optimist Outlook Post with Kate! I'd visited 2-3 times but not for long, so I never even noticed the basketball hoop or darts. Thanks for the tour!
    I saw that by the time you left, those trash fruit you planted had matured!
    Oooh 300% markup at your yard sale! Kate is so aggressive!!! My markup's only 75% but I got very lucky with fishing. :-)
    That shot of Kate looking for her dart is too funny!

    Another great update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Oshizu - thanks for reading. I added the chess table, basketball court, darts and pee bush. I also substituted a guitar for the crafted guitar and added a violin because Fala is on that lot. They had the room, and it worked out really well. I guess I will have to go with a lower markup to get sales! lol I was hopeful! hehehehe

      Delete
  2. <3 I never sell anything at my yard sale either ... I use it to draw people in and make friends lol Enjoyed visiting the Salamanders with you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, thanks for reading. I think this is the 2nd yardsale I've had where I haven't had one sale! Hope it's not going to be a trend! lol

      Delete
  3. Loved your new chapter and getting to visit the outpost. I have not yet gone to visit it in game. Tell Kate Jaxton had the same problem with darts his first time playing .... whatch out those darts can be dangerous! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy, thanks for reading. I added a few items to the lot, but it is still a great lot. I love it! I had not played darts in game so that was fun! hehehe Jaxton and Kate will challenge Sami Katt next time! lol

      Delete