Monday, May 15, 2017

MURKLAND - WEDNESDAY - CHAPTER 16

CAN I GET SOME ALONE TIME?

The next morning, after a very restful sleep (thanks to that wonderful massage), I am up bright and early tending my trash plants. And to my surprise, I get a visit from Karim who brings me a lovely red rose.
Hubba. Hubba. Now that's what I call a special delivery!
Karim lights the bonfire and we cozy up together. I feel kind of tingly all over and I realize there is one BIG reason why I want to finish those goals and stay in Murkland....Karim. 
Karim tells me he has something he has been meaning to ask me....that he has wanted to ask me since the Dance Off. Oooh...what is it?
"Kate...I know you are busy with the Tour, but...I...I want to ask you something. Would you...would you like....", Karim starts shyly.
I wait....ooh...what is he going to ask me?
Well, before he can finish his sentence, Lavender Pink, Dusty and Jeep Girl show up. Oh my plumbobs! Can I get some alone time with Karim? Oh shucks, well, the moment is broken, and Karim wanders off to talk to the Burner Campers. I ask Karim what he was going to ask me, but he said it was a surprise. Hmmm...more surprises...
Lavender Pink and Jeep Girl are just so excited about where we are going today! I mean, seriously, do they wake up raring to go all the time? I have never seen two more energetic sims! They are always just "go, go, go". I barely have a chance to say goodbye to Karim, and we're off!
Lavender Pink tells me there's been a Pookey sighting! And we're heading over to Nukecrest to see if it's actually true! Apparently, Pookey of the Apocalypse is living with the Murky Lurkers in Nukecrest.
We arrive at the camp and I see a "guy" at the campfire. That must be Pookey! Before Jeep Girl has a chance to stop me....
.... I rush right over and introduce myself and ask him if he is Pookey. He says he's Bob Bumbles and that Pookey is sitting right there. He says a lot of sims have been searching for Pookey lately.
Jeep Girl has a good laugh because she knew from Brennachan's description, that Bob was not Pookey. 
Oh, Kate, you're hilarious!"
Ahhh....there's Pookey! I was so exicited that we found him!
"Pookey....oh my gosh....Pookey! It is so wonderful to meet you. I have a message for you. Brennachan is alive! She survived the apocalypse and she has been searching for you.", I blurt out so fast.
"Who?" Pookey looked bewildered.
"You know...Brennachan...she said you would know her...???" I reply. Hmm....what was wrong with Pookey?
Suddenly I hear Bob say, "You will have to excuse Pookey. He kind of stumbled into our camp one day dazed and confused. I think he has amnesia, because he doesn't remember anything from his past. He says it's all kind of a blur to him. I mean it's amazing he remembers his name."
Oh Brennachan will be heart-broken. Maybe if he meets her, it will trigger a memory. I decide to hook them up. I've been doing great so far with my matchmaking skills, and it might be the only way. Pookey likes that idea and would love to meet Brennachan! *winks*
With that done, I follow Pookey over to the Don't Wake the Llama table (my that game is popular), and meet some other Murky Lurkers. Sabrina Glass seems to be on a winning streak, playing round robin with Raeburn Oliver, Jack Dixon and Kriss Kross, as well as Pookey taking over now and again.
I glance around and see a  green sim over by the firepit and meet Caterina Nicknell. She had been a test subject in a paid science experiment held by the Mayor to consume a "special seed", and this is what happened! She had turned into a plantsim, a slight side effect. She looked like she was a bit dehydrated (oh my plumbobs her hair was turning grey), so I decided to mix her a drink.
I decided that everyone looked a bit parched...I mean, who wouldn't living on a desert lot...so I mixed up drinks for everyone!
In no time at all, Caterina was back to her green sim self. The bar is only a rental from the Murkland Mercantile Company so that Caterina can stay hydrated during her 5 days as a plantsim. Ummm...remind me to never take part in any of the Mayor's science experiments.
Sabrina is on cook duty, and heads over to the lovely, sheltered kitchen area to start lunch.
Bob continues the camp tour with Lavender Pink, and shows her the garden all nicely planted with trash plants. Kriss Kross is the resident gardener, and she is fishing at the pond across the street.
And fishing she is! Holey moley! Look at the size of that one! Too bad it can only be used as garden fertilizer.

Lunch is served! Sabrina prepared some lovely fruit kebobs.
And, just as we're about to grab a plate, Karim walks by. 
"Is that my adventure gal?" he says laughingly.
What is Karim doing here? How did he know I was here?

Surprise! Lavender Pink had given Karim a copy of the tour schedule, and he just came by to give me a quick "kiss." Ahhh...so sweet. He whispers in my ear, and all I hear is "...tonight..." And then he is off again. Yes, story of my life, kiss and go.

Taking advantage of the lunch rush, Sam Dixon, Jack's brother, puts in some extra practice time on the Don't Wake the Llama table, plotting his strategy to beat Sabrina.
Jeep Girl is having an animated chat with Raeburn about hair color and finds that there is nothing quite like a great conversation beside a stinky pee bush!
Sabrina: "Bob, where did you get that macaroni and cheese?"
Bob: "Well, it was just sitting there on top of that dumpster. It's perfectly edible, and I LOVE cheese. Especially, limburger cheese*!"
Sabrina: "Bob, for once I didn't burn lunch!"
Bob: "Oh in that case, I should try those kebobs!"
After lunch, Pookey is in his element, and strums a blues song on the guitar. He is so talented.
On the other hand, Sabrina may need a bit more practice...I think poor Pookey is trying to block out the sound!
Kriss Kross and Sam don't care, they love this song, and are groovin' to the beat.
Jack shows Kate some of his dance moves, and Kate decides she needs to teach him something other than the "pee pee dance".
Dusty gives the camp a fire dance show, and everyone is applauding loudly and in awe of her skills!
We never do get to perform a group dance, but everyone is so thrilled that we're there that the whole camp erupts into a huge dance party. We say our goodbyes as more sims come over and leave the Murky Lurkers dancing in the street.
On the way to our next tour bus stop, I tell the Burner Campers that we HAVE to stop by The Freegan Camp and tell Brennachan right away where Pookey is.
"Kate, we have to stick to this schedule, if we're going to complete the Tour in a week", reminded Lavender Pink.
"It'll just be a pit stop, so keep your pants on!" piped Jeep Girl.
"Oh, I'm for this idea....hmmmm...I wonder if Forest Tree will be home..." says Dusty dreamily.
When we get to the Freegan Camp, I wasted no time and practically ran up to Brennachan shouting, "We have news....we have news....we found Pookey...we know where Pookey is!" 
Brennachan was so excited that we had found Pookey, but when I told her that Pookey didn't remember her, the look on her face said it all.
"He must have been traumatized after the apocalypse, or hit his head. At least I know where he is now. Oh this is distressing. My love... Pookey...how can he not remember me?" Brennachan said sadly.
However, when I told Brennachan that Pookey had said he wanted to meet her, her face lit up! 
"Kate, oh thank you for coming over to tell me. I am going to make Pookey's favorite dish, fruit cobbler, and go right now to see him! I can't thank you enough!" enthused Brennachan as she ran to the kitchen area shouting, "I need that grill Willow, I need to make a love dish. They found my Pookey...." 

With that said, my job here was done, which made Lavender Pink very happy to be back on schedule.
Since it was Wednesday, and shower day, Lavender Pink planned that we would spend the afternoon with the mutant raccoons at their Hideout! Great plan! The raccoons are all about fishing, fun and food, so it is really cool hanging out with them. Yippee! 
I must have been yakking a lot today, because, woot! I even maxed my charisma skill!
Woohoo! This is such a great idea! I was starting to feel rather dusty from all the travelling we had done today. So, we spend the afternoon swimming and eating, and then more swimming and still more eating!
Quarilit is playing horseshoes and Wotko is roasting some weinners over the fire. What a great day!
I come to find out that raccoons love to eat! Besides fishing and fun...it's all about the food. They all want to cook different dishes for dinner, but there was one grill and 8 raccoons. I think we will have lots to eat!
Everyone is having so much fun! Lavender Pink is doing a swamp monster imitation.
Jeep Girl goes to the back of the lot and discovers the cooking area is located next to some smelly bathrooms. Hmmm...these must be fly burgers. She also sees they have 4 trash plants. 
Their cave backs onto a lovely pond. Hey all! Great shot of the raccoons posing near the pee bush! (from left to right Nahenem, Esseeban, Mapachitli and Culu...hmmm...or is it the other way around. Hard to tell who's who.)
Jeep Girl and I decide to take on Eseeban in horseshoes. While playing, we learn that the raccoons can eat the fish they catch. I guess the fish don't affect them. They're so lucky!
Lavender Pink is playing horseshoes with Tabaahaall while Culu is telling fish tales by the ole swimmin' hole.
"You know there was one time, I caught one this big...oh yah...and did you know we catch all those puffer fish for the Puffer Dome...I mean it's right across from us."
I even get to fish a bit after dinner. There are some rare fish in these waters. Ooooh...I hope I catch some.
Wow! A treefish! I can get some real simoleons selling this!
How cute! Something for my lot!





It's getting late, and Dusty calls me over and hands me a note. It's from Karim! Woot! It's the location for the "tonight" message he was trying to tell me.
"Hey gang....gotta go....thanks for hosting," I say quickly. But I look back, and everyone is having such a blast, they don't hear a word I say.
I arrive at the Murkland Hot Springs and there is already a bonfire lit and Karim is waiting for me. Finally, Karim and I have some alone time.
I close my eyes as Karim kisses my cheek.
"So, Karim, I'm here. What was it that you wanted to ask me this morning?"
"Well, Kate," Karim says nervously, "I....I....really...really...I mean would you like to be..."
All of a sudden we are interrupted as we hear some loud voices shouting and hollering coming this way. OH NO!
Lavender Pink: "Hey Kate....that's a great fire for some fire dancing! Woot!"
Dusty: "Then we can hit those hot springs....I feel kind of murky."
Jeep Girl: "Kate, I didn't know you'd be here...hi Karim...and did you see that slippery marsh back there....super fun...let's go!"

I couldn't help but laugh. So much for my alone time with Karim! Well, there's always tomorrow...
Karim? Oh....Karim!......I didn't know you could fire dance! Wowzers! And I think to myself....Karim, you don't need to fire dance to set my heart on fire. *sigh*

💕 💕 ðŸ’• 💕 ðŸ’•

Credits:
*For more information on limburger cheese, see Lisabee's Wordpress Blog,  
https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/the-post-apocalyptic-murkland-starter-challenge-4-puffer-dome-experience/

A big thank you to the great lots and murky sims created by simmers who play the Murkland Challenge. All are available for download in the Gallery.
















Murky Lurkers Lot in Nukecrest:
Nukecrest Camp by anchesenamon


Murky Lurkers:
(Individual sims need to be downloaded separately, some hairstyles and/or clothing items were substituted as I don't have all the expansion packs or use cc)

(from left to right)
Bob Bumbles by SoulGal7
Sabrina Glass by MsPrissySim
Dixon Brothers (Jack & Sam) by MeaganJo
Kriss Kross by silverwolf_6677
Caterina Nicknell by Nicknell2345
Raeburn Oliver by StatickElectrick
Pookey of the Apocalypse by Brennachan





Mutant Raccoon Hideout and Mutant Raccoons by Brennachan, creator of the Murkland Challenge.

4 comments:

  1. oooo wonders what Karim wants to ask Kate!! what a fun chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Tammy! Well...if they weren't always being interrupted, we would find out! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHH sooo sweet <3 That fire dance will do it every time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading Lisa. Yep, hot, hot, hot! lol

    ReplyDelete