Thursday, May 11, 2017

MURKLAND - TUESDAY - CHAPTER 15

DAWN 'TIL DUST TOUR

After yesterday's visit to the Nukie Newcomers (which was just so awe-sim, I am still dreaming of that camp), Dusty, Jeep Girl and Lavender Pink decide that in order to visit all the camps in less than 3 weeks, we had to have a plan. So Lavender Pink, always at the ready, had made up a schedule to finish the Winner's Tour in a week! 
A WEEK???!!! How are we going to do that? Forget calling it the Winner's Tour. After hearing Lavender Pink's plan, I call it the Dawn 'til Dust Tour. We start at dawn and by the end of the day, I'll be tired, hungry, cranky and my whole body will be smelly, and covered in dusty murkiness. Being a celebrity is hard work, and we don't get any extra shower privileges. Ok, sure, just wind me up, I'm the energizer bunny!

Oh, but let's not forget...that is just the Winners Tour portion. I still have all those other things I have to do in order to actually STAY in Murkland! Sheesh!

But I do share a bit of exciting news with them that I completed another goal to cross off that list! Plus I now have 9 Excellent and 7 Superb trash plants. Yes!
And then Lavender Girl says she has some rather exciting news to share with me, too! Well it seems that my matchmaking skills are working. Chiliad, the Mayor's son, and Lavender Pink are now an item! 
Oh, but that's not all....
Jeep Girl then springs the big news on me, too, that she and Mick are going together! And she has me to thank for it!
Dusty was excited and I was so happy for the both of them, but seriously, I mean when did these two have time? Secret after hours rendez-vous? Yep, probably. When I am up to my elbows in fish gut fertilizer, these two are batting their eyes at their love interests.

I just had to laugh at that thought! Oh come here! Hugs all around! Woot! Before I even have a chance to catch my breath, Lavender Pink whips out today's tour schedule.
And, according to "the schedule" for today, Lavender Pink tells me we are visiting two places. First stop on the Dawn 'til Dust Tour is the camp of the Rolickin' Riverboaters.

Well, I actually shouldn't say camp, because they live on a riverboat. So cool! Well, maybe not so cool. The riverboat is surrounded by murky green slime water.
I tentatively knock on the door, but also hear some loud laughter out back. Apparently, the riverboat was caught in an apocalyptic sharknado and ran aground here in Nukecrest. It has been here ever since.
Valeda Tivona comes out on deck to greet us and tells us more about the Apocalypso. That is the name of their riverboat. It is a research vessel, and they are all marine scientists, studying the water to try to make it clean, and analyzing marine life, so that we can eat fish again! They also investigate geo-hazards, like earthquakes.
Valeda shows me a machine and tells me that this is the water decontamination system. It needs to be constantly checked and monitored around the clock. Plus, there were reports to write, readings to take and re-take, samples to collect, and all matter of scientific data to record.
We go on a tour upstairs first...and there is one bedroom with three beds. The other room holds scientific equipment, an office and another bed. Hmm...curious, 4 beds and 8 sims live here. I ask Valeda about this and she tells me that because they have to monitor the water filtration machine 24 hours a day, that they sleep in shifts.
The downstairs consists of a sitting area and a kitchen. I am also told there is a small bathroom in the back. For 8 sims, this is a very tiny space. I stop for a moment to chat with Raena Crafti who is writing out some research notes, while Valeda busts a move.
More sims venture inside and before we know it, Buttons Ginger Murkland starts telling a story about the water decontamination system and how Valeda fell in and got all green one day..."Yeah, like she was, like, a plantsim or something...and..."
Valeda rolls her eyes and finally says something out loud "Buttons! Oh my plumbobs! Not that story again...I have heard it 100 times!" She reminds everyone that this is a day off, so let's get outside!
We head to the back of the lot and this is where the action is! Almost immediately, Raena, Buttons, Charlii Mai and Daisy Jax sit down to a game of Don't Wake the Llama, as Ellie Gant watches.
Armani Oakley is working on some wooden sculpture and Valeda tells me to stay back. I mean, I don't think I have to be warned. Look at him wielding that knife!
Charlii is on cook duty today and the aromas of fruit kabobs fill the air! For a while that is...
....is something burning? Uh Oh! FIRE! But not to worry, Charlii is the fastest fire extinguisher I have ever seen! Way to go Charlii! Woot!
Valeda: "Ooooo....Cajun-style blackened kebobs, my favorite!" 
Raena: "ummm...can we order pizza instead?"
Daisy: "There's pizza delivery in Nukecrest? No? It's a joke? Ahhhh...now I have a pizza craving."
Lunch is served and we are invited to join in! A little smoky perhaps, but Ryder Arch thinks that this is the best meal ever!
Dusty, however, has her own thoughts on it.
After lunch, Daisy and Charlii take a dip in the murky water.
Lavender Pink had noticed their empty garden plots and planted some trash plants for them. Armani is just so excited about these plants!
And it looks like Raena is a budding gardener.
Ellie decides to practice her violin....ummm....badly. Keep practicing Ellie (a lot)!
Armani, however, doesn't seem to think the music is irritating (someone check that sim's hearing). He is just chillin' and jivin' to the beat! Woot!
And Buttons has her own unique dance moves that she wants to show me.

All too soon, it's time for us to get rollin' on the river and perform our "Riverdance". Amidst cheers and farewell waves, we bid the Rolickin' Riverboaters goodbye and promise to visit again equipped with fire extinguishers.
Lavender Pink says she has a surprise for our next stop. I almost hesitate to ask her where we're going, but I soon realize that we are at my neighbors, The Freegan Camp.
Lavender Pink tells me that we are all getting massages, courtesy of Veegan! Surprise! Woot!
Veegan and Brennachan come out to meet us to give us a tour of their camp. But before we venture in, Brennachan asks if I had met someone named Pookey in Nukecrest. I tell her I haven't as yet. She replies that if I do, if I could please tell him that she survived the apocalypse and is searching for him. I promise her that if I see him, I will!
Meanwhile, Jeep Girl has already introduced herself to Sunshine and Autumn and they were chatting about dance routines.

And soon, Dusty, Jeep Girl and Lavender Pink are showing off some moves.

Forest Tree then has a deep conversation with Lavender Pink and Dusty about the benefits of vegetarianism. Oh look, trash plants that desperately need tending...I head over to water them.
We begin our tour, and I am not sure what this place used to be, maybe a storage unit, but The Freegans have transformed their camp into a haven of peace and harmony.

Veegan gives us a sneak peek of the bedrooms and each sleeping area has a double inflatable air mattress bed (so cushy), and some rooms have bookshelves and a guitar. All of them are decorated with plants and scented candles. What a restful area.

Veegan wanders over to the kitchen area, and he starts to prepare dinner for all of us. This area is so nice. I wish my kitchen area looked like this.
Drinks anyone? Oh my gosh! They have a bar! Autumn is mixing up her famous Zebra Fizz drink.
Brennachan heads to the upper level with Jeep Girl and there are two massage tables. I can't believe how green everything is! It's hard to believe that they live in a dry, dusty, desert.
On the other side, there is a peaceful yoga and meditation area. We wave to Willow, but she is deep in thought in her yoga routine. What a fantastic view up here!

Dinner is served and we all enjoy the scrumptious trash plant burgers that Veegan prepared. 
Sunshine gives the burgers his seal of approval for being both super delicious and vegetarian. Veegan and I chat a bit and I learn that they are all political activists.
Then, as if on cue, Forest Tree decides to stage a "Speak for the Trees" rally.
Pretty soon, the whole camp is taking part in the protest, and I even see Lavender Pink and Dusty join in. Forest Tree must have given a pretty convincing speech. When the rally is over, Veegan asks if I am ready for my massage.
Veegan leads the way to the upper level. And I have to say that this is truly a wonderful, green, calming zone. But, I am kind of nervous because I have never had a massage before.
However, Veegan says that there is nothing to fear. Just relax. He decides to give me a lavender aromatherapy massage. Veegan says this will help me relax and sleep well tonight. Ahhh....this man has good hands and I can feel all my stress ebbing away. 

Brennachan is giving Jeep Girl a deep tissue massage, and she has her hands full. I hear Brennachan say "Shake it off girl, oh my plumbobs, you are tense!" And I hear Jeep Girl grunting "ouch, owie...yowzers...ouchy..ayoye" It doesn't sound too relaxing to me.
Once my massage is done, Lavender Pink gets a hot stone massage from Autumn.The hot stones promote deep relaxation and I think it worked because Lavender Pink is asleep on the table.
Forest Tree quickly volunteers to give Dusty a ylang ylang aromatherapy massage. The wonderful fragrance of this lotion is so sweet and lovely. I can hear Forest Tree's mesmerizing voice as he quietly whispers something to Dusty, and Dusty's lilting laughter in response. I knew they were getting along well...but...hmmm...I wonder if there's a connection there...
 After our fabulous massages, we stay and visit a bit longer. Everyone is just so nice and friendly, and I just don't want to leave.
But it is getting late and we have to wake up early for the Dawn 'til Dust Tour. So, we say our goodbyes and promise to visit again.
I give Veegan a BIG hug and thank him so much for the lovely surprise! He is indeed a great friend!


Credits:
A big thank you to the great lots and murky sims created by simmers who play the Murkland Challenge. All are available for download in the Gallery.

Rolickin' Riverboaters Lot in Nukecrest:
Steampunk #7 by ClockworkHeart
(Modified to be more overgrown, have more beds, and a back patio area, built by a simmer who doesn't play the Murkland Challenge...yet!)

Rolickin' Riverboaters:
(Individual sims need to be downloaded separately, some hairstyles and/or clothing items were substituted as I don't have all the expansion packs)

(from left to right)
Buttons Ginger Murkland by Buttonsginger
Charlii Mai by Charlii-Mai
Valeda Tivona by EuphorialQueen
Armani Oakley by CheetahBuilder
Ryder Arch by RavenJade3
Daisy Jax by phyllisp160
Raena Crafti by kramey63

The Freegan Camp and The Freegans by Brennachan, creator of the Murkland Challenge

12 comments:

  1. What a marvelous tour! I enjoyed every word of it :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for reading, Freddie, I really appreciate it! I am trying to feature all the lots and simmers in my Tour before I finish Challenge 1. I may have to revamp that a bit, as I am dying to get going on the What's Left of the Gym side challenge! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the tour. Oh what fun to see Valeda and other Sims I know in your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading, EQ! Valeda is a great sim. but I missed some other shots, but go the one with the eyes rolling! lol

      Delete
  4. What a great find and "murky remodeling" of that riverboat lot!
    Wow, now everyone's so busy hooking up but Karim didn't show up for an entire chapter, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading Oshizu. Isn't that a great build? Found it by accident and then had to "murk" it up! And don't worry, Karim will reappear again soon! :)

      Delete
  5. aww how nice massages for everyone!! I love the riverboat lot ... I think I may have to down load and drop it into willow creek I mean radioactive river and give it a murky makeoever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading Tammy! I haven't bulldozed Willow Creek (Radioactive River), but it's coming soon. I thought that riverboat was a great build, too! There are certainly some talented builders for sure.

      Delete
  6. Hey, it's Beth ~ I turned on the computer to play tonight, but dropped by here first. Fantastic update! I love Kate's trek through Murkland. Radioactive River, eh? LOVE IT. My Willow Creek is empty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for reading Sassy Beth! lol Radioactive River is actually Tammy's idea, but I thought it was cool. More fun coming up in the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. <3 such a fun update .. loved it. I had to crack up at how Carlii looked so anxious in the murky water!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Lisa. Carlii does look a bit perturbed, probably because Daisy had just splashed her. lol

      Delete