Wednesday, February 15, 2017

3-BEAU WEBB - DAY 1 (NIGHT) - IT'S DARK

JOURNAL ENTRY - DAY 1 (NIGHT)




It has been several hours since the explosion.

My vision is blurred and I feel a bit dazed. I must have passed out when the explosion happened or maybe I was hit by a flying piece of rock. I look down at my arm and it's red and sore.  It looks burned.  And my clothes...well, I look like a chimney sweep..they are pretty dirty and black.  And I smell AWFUL!  I definitely need a shower.

My throat is parched and I try to stand and reach for my water bottle.  Whoa!  Not so fast!  I cling to the sides of the cave to keep my balance.  I grab my water bottle and take a sip.

I look around.  There is still a smoldering fire near the entrance, and I stomp it out.

Yes, I am free of the cave. I can see the outside!  But what is out there?  It is very dark, and although I strain my eyes to see, I can't make out any shadows or shapes of buildings. I don't know what is out there or if it's dangerous. Better to rest tonight in the cave and get my bearings before I venture out into this new world.  I am hoping it will get lighter in a few hours.

I try to clean myself up a bit and think I do a pretty good job.

I place the water bottle back down and remember the message I sent in Morse Code.  I decide to see if I can get a cell phone signal and put the battery back in my phone.  It takes a few minutes to charge and then I hear the familiar *ping* of a message waiting.  I click on the message tab for visual voicemail and can't believe what I am reading!  

Someone heard my message!



1 comment: