Thursday, February 16, 2017

4-BEAU WEBB - DAY 2 - OUT OF THE CAVE

BEAU WEBB - LETTER TO MANTIRA

DAY 2


Dear Mantira er...Manny,

Words cannot express how I felt when I heard or rather read your message.  I was trapped in a cave but with my knowledge of science and some items I had in my lab coat, I blasted my way out.  So for now, at least I am not trapped in a cave anymore.  But, I still don't know where I am.

The battery I used for my Morse Code device was from my cell phone and when the cave opened, I replaced the battery in my cell phone and there -- THERE -- was your message!



My cell phone converts voice messages to text.  It is truly amazing.  Do you have such technology?

I also have a solar powered tablet. It is called a SOL. It is charged by a special solar powered charging cube.  My cell phone is also solar powered and can be charged on the same cube.  Otherwise, I would have to continue to communicate in Morse Code.  If I can get a cell signal, there must be some technology here...wherever here is.

Are you a scientist?  You are very smart to know Morse Code.  Where are you?  Are you living in this world?  I have so many questions for you.





Earlier today when it was light, I went out to explore.  I took some pictures and here is what I saw.  Maybe some of this will look familiar to you.

OBSERVATIONS:

The land is dry and dusty, almost like a desert. Barren with little plant life. Spiny succulents which look a lot like cacti, some grass-like plants, an odd tree, and lots of rocks. LOTS of rocks.  And it is HOT - really HOT!



There is water...or green slime water that smells really bad. I don't think I can drink it without boiling it first.  And I will have to find a way to filter it so I'm not drinking bits of twigs and algae. Maybe there will be a cleaner water source somewhere else. But this may be my only choice, as my water rations are running low. 




I haven't seen any animals or any people for that matter. However, there are signs of civilization, although everything seems to be either boarded up, decaying or run down.



This almost looks like a fall-out shelter or bunker.  People built these when they feared an apocalypse...you know..the end of the world.  Windows are barred and there are warning signs on the building.  This, by the way, is the building beside the cave.



And here is another dwelling on the hill.  All the windows are boarded up.  What happened here?  Was there a plague? 


 This is the house on the other side of the cave. Again, boarded up, rundown and neglected.  Was there a war?  I don't have much food, so I may have to go inside to see if there are some canned goods, or something...something that I can eat. I guess I can always roast some cactus.



This is the cave I was trapped in.  I guess it is going to be my home for now. I do not recognize this area at all.  I fear I am in another time, another place, another dimension. I am not sure.  I hope you can help, Manny.  I may be the only human here.

In answer to your question, I am not sure what type of machine I was wor...king on...My sig...nal is get..ting weak. I mus..t cccchhh...arge up now.  I h...ope you can he...lp 

Y..ou.....a...re....my only ho..pe.

Yo....ur frie..nd in t...ime
Beau

2 comments:

  1. This place is so atmospheric it's almost not creepy.

    ... It's still pretty creepy. :)

    - Scribal Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I wonder if it was a zombie apocalypse!

    ReplyDelete